N. VIRGINIA DATA CENTERS
Why Choose Our N. Virginia Data Center Campus?
Whether you are consolidating, establishing a hybrid IT environment, or simply addressing data center change, you can trust Iron Mountain. For specific colocation offering details, visit the N. Virginia colocation page.
Proven Track Record
Since 1951, Iron Mountain has been the trusted guardian for more than 225,000 customers including 95% of the Fortune 1000. The world’s most heavily regulated organizations have trusted us with their data centers since the 1980s.
Reduce data center risk by choosing colocation services from Iron Mountain in Manassas, Virginia. Receive comprehensive compliance support, federal-grade security, and the stability of an S&P 500 REIT with 1,400+ locations in 54 countries.
Streamline digital transformation with the most logical venue for hybrid IT – our Virginia data center. Easily access cloud, telecom, and IT services providers. Plus, make remote management efficient with our software and smart hands.
Located outside of Washington, D.C., our Virginia colocation campus is situated in the heart of the world’s largest & fastest-growing data center market offering low latency and easy access to network/peering interconnection sites in Ashburn & Reston.
Our Virginia data center campus offers reduced taxes and lower powers costs when compared to Ashburn data centers. Reduce additional operating expenses, potentially saving millions, by choosing a wholesale data center.
SECURITY & SCALABILITY
Perimeter offsets address privacy requirements of government and law enforcement agencies. VA-1 and VA-2, the first two of four planned buildings, offer a total of 389,000 SF and 36 MW of power with 1,000,000 SF and 60 MWs planned campus wide.
TRUSTED BY 225,000+ CUSTOMERS INCLUDING 95% OF THE FORTUNE 1000
CUSTOMER CASE STUDY
CUSTOMER / INDUSTRY
Wasabi - Cloud Storage
Hyperscale Ready Facility
East Coast Presence, Scalability, Security
Wasabi, a leading cloud storage provider, needed to expand its presence on the East Coast. As a company focused on storing customer data, Wasabi needed a top tier data center that could provide the best-in-class security, continuous power and bandwidth in order to satisfy customer needs.
Being in Iron Mountain's VA-1 data center allows Wasabi to grow its presence on the East Coast while levering the Northern Virginia ecosystem for connectivity needs. The facility provides the physical security the company needs, and provides Wasabi the ability to scale with Iron Mountain in Virginia, as well as other regions with Iron Mountain Data Centers.
IN THEIR WORDS
“Iron Mountain has a brand and a reputation that we think fits really nicely with Wasabi. Iron Mountain stands for a well preserved, secure, safe environment in which to store information”
- CEO, Wasabi
Services Offered at our Manassas, Virginia Data Center
Virginia Data Center | Additional Information
- 83-Acre Iron Mountain-Owned Campus
- New, Purpose-Built to Enterprise & Federal Standards
- Plan Calls for 4 Data Centers, 1,000,000 SF and 60 MW
- Scalable Delivery of Turnkey Data Center Space
- Uptime Tier III Certified Design and Construction
- Concurrently Maintainable Systems
- N+1 Generators, UPS and Cooling
- 36-Inch Raised Flooring
- High-Density Ready (up to 20 kW per cabinet/rack)
- Custom Hot/Cold Aisle Containment Solutions Available
- Located in the Heart of the Largest Data Center Market in the World
- 225,000+ Customers, 95% of the Fortune 1000
- Carrier/Cloud-Neutral Data Center
- On-Site Tier 1, Local Carriers: Level 3, Zayo, Verizon & More
- Redundant Dark Fiber Access to Data Centers in Ashburn VA, DC2 Ecosystem
- Low-Latency Performance to Regional Metro Markets
- Data Center Marketplace Access - Cloud, IT Services, Partners
- Redundant Meet-Me Rooms, Interconnection Services
- Safe, Convenient & Staff-Friendly Location in Manassas, VA
- On-Site, Fully Vetted Iron Mountain Security Officers
- Perimeter Offsets Meet Intelligence and Law Enforcement Standard
- Perimeter Fencing, Secure Access Road with Manned Security Station
- 24x7x365 CCTV Monitoring of Campus, Parking and Facility Interior
- 3-Factor Access Control: Biometric, Key Card, PIN
- Mantraps, Tailgating Prevention
- Ballistic Sheathing and Bulletproof Glass for Security
- Receiving within Full View of Security
- Thorough Background Checks on All Employees/Partners
- Powered by 100% Renewable Energy*
- Uptime Tier III Certified Design and Construction for Documented Reliability
- Concurrently Maintainable Systems
- N+1 Generators, UPS, Cooling & Mechanical
- NOC Monitoring, On-Site Iron Mountain Staff/Offices
- Underground, Redundant Power Feeds from Dominion Substation Across the Street
- Diverse Dark Fiber Paths, Points of Entry
- Built Featuring New, Highly Efficient Data Center Infrastructure
- Water-Side Economization
- Low PUE for Reduced Energy Cost, DCOI Compliance
- High-Efficiency Variable Frequency Drives
- LED Lighting
- Metered Power Pricing Encourages Responsible Energy Use
- FISMA High, DCOI, EO 13693
- ISO 27001
- PCI-DSS Level 1
- SOC 2 Type II
- SOC 3
- ISO 50001